Here are a few ideas of light snacks to have 30-60min. before doing cardio if you don't like training on an empty stomach (like me!!!). I find that with some form of fuel, my cardio is way more intense, longer and i enjoy it a LOT more! I also find i am way less hungry through out the day; i consume much less calories this way than if i train fasted! :) Everyone has a different opinion on this, but i always say "find what works best for your body-type and stick to that! YOU know your body best!"
5 Pre-Cardio Snacks:
1) 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt w/ 1 tbps instant coffee, 1-2 envelopes Splenda or Stevia (Sweetener) + 1/2 scoop whey protein + 1tsp. ground flaxseeds or chia. (mix this well w/ a fork or spoon.. you can even leave it in the freezer for 20-30min)
2) 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese w/ 1/3 cup blueberries or blackberries + 1 tbsp. crushed plain nuts OR 1tbsp. ground flaxseeds. top w/ cinnamon and sweeten with stevia!
3) 1/2 ruby red grapefruit and 1 cup celery sticks or peeled cucumber dipped in mustard or drizzled w/ balsamic vinegar and a pinch of sea-salt
4) 2 cups steamed broccoli/cauliflower topped w/ herbs/garlic and 1-2 slices fat-free cheese melted on top (Sometimes i will have 1/3 can of tuna or 2oz grilled chicken-breast to top this off).
5) Light protein shake: 1/2-1 scoop whey isolate (low-carb) + 1-2 tbsp fry's cocoa powder + 1 tsp flaxseeds or chia seeds + 1cup water + 1/3 cup frozen berries + 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt/skim milk (or you can use water) + stevia/splenda to sweeten...... Add ice-cubes (1-1.5 cups) and blend until smooth!
SAMPLE CARDIO WORKOUT:-10min warmup on stepmill (comfortable pace...i usually select level 7-10)
-10-20min intervals on bike (90sec. low intensity & 30sec. high/full-blast)
-skipping rope: 150 skips
-15min incline treadmill (walk at a moderate pace - 3.0-3.5mph)
-cooldown & stretch :)
HOPE YOU GUYS FIND THE SNACKS/WORKOUT INFO USEFUL & DON'T FORGET TO E-MAIL ME WITH YOUR FEEDBACK/QUESTIONS :)
Alex L. :)