By: Alex Liska
One of the hardest things for a lot of people is knowing what to eat when they are hungry in between meals. Knowing what to eat when you have a goal weight in mind is crucial. If you eat healthy for your major/main meals of the day but snack on the wrong foods or even worse; STARVE because you're afraid to eat, can mentally and physically put a damper on your training and eating regimens.
I came up with a basic list of 10 Light and EASY snack foods that are low in carbs, moderate-high in protein and low in fat so that you don't have to feel guilty and you can satisfy your cravings before they EVOLVE into a massive hunger attack!! LOL... I hope this helps:
- 1/2 cup Fat-Free Cottage Cheese with 1 tsp Cinnamon, 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract and 1/2-1 envelope PureVia (Stevia All-Natural Herbal Sweetener)
- 1/2 cup Source Yogurt (Finesse/Astro Zero or Plain Fat-Free yogurt is fine aswell) with 1/2-1 scoop of low-carb Whey Protein (Only add the Whey if you want a snack that is higher in protein).
- 1 cup Rinsed Celery Stalks with 1 tbsp of All-Natural Almond Butter (This snack is not high in protein but is quite filling and nutritious).
- 30 grams of 85-90% Cocoa Dark Chocolate with 10 plain Almonds and 1 glass of skim milk.(High in Antioxidants, Flavonoids, Moderate Protein, High in Amino Acids, Fiber, Iron and Calcium!)
- 1-2 Slices Fat-Free Cheese with 1 cup of Cucumbers and Cherry tomatoes (half of each).
- 1/2 can of rinsed Tuna with 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1 cup Celery/Cucumber/Lettuce/Cut green beans (any green of your choice!).
- 1/2 Scoop of Whey Protein (10-15 grams) mixed in Water with 5-10 almonds on the side. (This is a good snack for those that are focusing on a diet that is high in protein)
- 1/2 cup of Plain Yogurt (Fat-Free) or Cottage Cheese (0-1%) with 1/2 cup of Frozen Unsweetened Cranberries (Very Nutritious and LOW in sugar). Since Cranberries are quite tart i add PureVia Stevia (instead of sugar or sucralose) in this snack to make it taste more like a dessert:)
- 1/2 Cooked/Grilled/Sauteed Chicken Breast accompanied by a Pickle! (Healthy, Low fat, Moderate protein and the acidity of the pickle makes this quite filling and will kill any major cravings instantly!)
- 30 grams Partly Skimmed Mozzarella Cheese with a Handful of Sundried Tomatoes (the kind that comes in a bag, not the oil-packed ones in the glass bottle, those are better for salads/main dishes than snacks)
I really hope this list comes in handy to all of you that are making an effort to eat healthier and live a more active lifestyle! I know how hard it can be to overcome or dodge cravings, they happen to all of us. Luckily though, with the right snacks at hand it is a lot easier to feel full, satisfied and ward off unhealthy foods :)
Best of Luck to you all and Have a Healthy Week!